Subject: Re: How to make AVI's
From: Stuart Smith <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 08:17:34 -0700

You wrote:
> Lets see if I understand this correctly...
>=20
> An AVI is like a "ANIM" file that can be played back on a =
system?
>=20

Sort of. Except AVIs were always designed to play back from the =
HD, whereas
ANIMS needs to really be in memory to play back quick enough.

> What do you need to play AVI's, and are they full or 1/4 screen?
>=20

AVIs are whatever size you want them to be. Easiest way is to use =
a PC,=20
which has Microsofts Video for Windows (free) on it. This will =
play them back.

There are several DOS programs that will take in individual files =
and generate
AVIs.... dave XXXs targa -> AVI converter, and a few others....

However, Premier, Ulead, etc are better if you are going to do it =
a lot...

> If I have a bunch of frames, and I wanted to make them into an =
AVI
> file, how would I go about it? I am using LW 3.1/3.5 on an =
A4000.
> Is there a way I can do this on this system.. or possibly on a =
PC
> without expensive software?
>=20

As above. AVI stuff is available for the Amiga I think, but I =
can't help
you there.=20

Any if the simtel mirrors of software should have the targa -> AVI =
converter
you are after.

Stu

----
   ___
\_/    \____=0D
(")______(")> =0D
-ignore everything I say... it is probably b**lo**s.